On Petrobras’ financial results:
- Petrobras may have scored the best worldwide financial results (in terms of profit) for any oil company.
On Renuka buying Equipav:
- Renuka (Indian Company) has bought Equipav (a Brazilian sugar company) for $329m.
On Vale’s MOU for the Belo Monte hydroelectric plant :
- Vale signed an MOU with Andrade Gutierrez, Neoenergia Investimentos and Votorantim Energia to participate in the bidding process of the Belo Monte hydroelectric plant.
- The Bovespa stock index fell the most in more than two weeks as concern that Greece will struggle to pay its debt dragged down most commodity producers, overshadowing a rally in the nation’s biggest oil company.
- Goldman Sachs raised its forecast for Brazilian growth to 6.4 percent for 2010 from 5.8 percent previously. This forecast may be revised again, to as high at 7 percent.